  >From:
  <A title=sharps_45_70@xxxxxxxxx
  href="">sharps_45_70
  To: <A title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Saturday, September 20, 2003 4:35
  PM
  Subject: [amibroker] Re: Passing arrays
  to a DLL
  Steve,Looks promising!  The
  line:endbar  = ValueWhen( DateNum() ==
  Status("rangetodate"), BarIndex() ); seems to work well when the
  year is other than 2000.  Thanks,Ed--- In <A
  href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Steve
  Dugas" <sjdugas@x...> wrote:> Hi
  Ed,> > You can only pass the entire array back and forth, but
  you can arrange for the DLL to only operate on a certain time period by
  passing other parameters. One example could be something like:>
  > In AFL:> > startbar = ValueWhen( DateNum ==
  status("rangefromdate"), BarIndex() );> endbar  = ValueWhen(
  DateNum ==  status("rangetodate"), BarIndex() );> >
  Then pass these to the DLL and in the DLL code something like:>
  > for( i = startbar[0]; i <= endbar[0[; ++i )    // I
  think AB would probably create startbar and endbar as arrays>
  {> do your testing...> }> > Or, you could pass
  StartDate, EndDate, Datenem() and BarIndex() to the DLL and do the
  conversion there.> > Steve> > >
  sharps_45_70 >   To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  >   Sent: Saturday, September 20, 2003 1:41
  PM>   Subject: [amibroker] Passing arrays to a DLL>
  > >   When you pass and array to a dll in the AA
  window, the entire array >   is passed regardless of the
  settings in the Range settings.> >   For example, if
  you pass the "close" array of a symbol that you have >
  2000 bars of data in the database, and the the range is set to "all
  >   quotations", then the size of the array passed is
  2000.> >   If you set the date range to something
  other than "all quotations," >   say 1/1/1995 to
  12/31/2000, the entire 2000 element array is still >
  passed to the dll, not just the array that represents the range set
  >   in the Range box.> >   Does
  anyone know a way to synronize the number of array elements
  >   passed to a dll with the range set in the Range
  box?> >   Thanks,>   Ed>

  >         Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

  ADVERTISEMENT>

  >        >