[amibroker] Re: Passing arrays to a DLL

Steve,

Looks promising!

The line:

endbar  = ValueWhen( DateNum() ==  Status("rangetodate"), BarIndex
() );

seems to work well when the year is other than 2000.

Thanks,
Ed

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Steve Dugas" <sjdugas@xxxx> wrote:
> Hi Ed,
>
> You can only pass the entire array back and forth, but you can
arrange for the DLL to only operate on a certain time period by
passing other parameters. One example could be something like:

> In AFL:
>
> startbar = ValueWhen( DateNum ==  status("rangefromdate"), BarIndex
() );
> endbar  = ValueWhen( DateNum ==  status("rangetodate"), BarIndex
() );

> Then pass these to the DLL and in the DLL code something like:
>
> for( i = startbar[0]; i <= endbar[0[; ++i )    // I think AB would
probably create startbar and endbar as arrays
> {
> do your testing...
> }
>
> Or, you could pass StartDate, EndDate, Datenem() and BarIndex() to
the DLL and do the conversion there.

> Steve

quotations,"
>   say 1/1/1995 to 12/31/2000, the entire 2000 element array is
still
>   passed to the dll, not just the array that represents the range
set
>   in the Range box.
>
>   Does anyone know a way to synronize the number of array elements
>   passed to a dll with the range set in the Range box?
>
>   Thanks,
>   Ed
>

>         Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
>

>   Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx