RE: [amibroker] Alpha-Beta Trading System (Part 2)

  • To: <amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [amibroker] Alpha-Beta Trading System (Part 2)
  • From: "Ken Close" <closeks@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 07:22:32 -0700

Anthony: excellent information on Alpha....

I received plain text messages without figures; are the figures
available somehow?

One of my favorite sites to look at nice stocks with nice charts is
http://www2.barchart.com/sectors.asp?sec=top~100~stocks.sec&level=2&titl
e=Top+100+Stocks

(word wrap may alter this link).

As an alternate, you can go here, and then click on Top 100 stocks
http://www2.barchart.com/sectors.asp

These stocks are sorted by "weighted alpha", and I am not sure it is the
same alpha you refer to in your messages. Plus I do not know what kind
of "weighting" is applied.  But these are fantastic looking charts (just
look at the column of YTD% increase)--but are after long and generous
runups.

I have long tried to anticipate the stocks that are listed in the
Top100.  They get into the top 100 well after having started nice,
consistent uptrends.  I would love to know a method to spot these closer
to their "launch points".

Are you planning to publish any AFL code to explore for stocks have good
alpha values???

Thanks for a great set of messages.

Ken