[amibroker] Re: Adjustable Bollinger Bands

Rick,
Is it something like
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/message/48289
?
Dimitris Tsokakis
--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Rick Osborn" <ricko@xxxx> wrote:
> Dimitris
> I was looking for bands that were a little smoother - and did not
fluctuate as much as the BB's.

> Perhaps I'm looking for a variation on the "x%" channel bands (i.e.
topband = MA(n)*(1+x%) and botband = MA(n)*(1-x%).  Instead of a
fixed percent (x% in this case) I am looking for a variable factor
that captures "perc"% of the price range over the lookback period.
It could be that the factor for the top band would differ from that
of the bottom band.

> I don't know if this is even possible but if it is, one might
conclude that these bands would stop prices at the bands "perc" % of
the time??
> Rick

+"%";
amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>   >   --------------------------------------------
>   >   Check group FAQ at:
>   >
>   >   Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
>   Service.
>

>         Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
>

>   Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx
>   Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx