Re: [amibroker] Alpha-Beta Trading System (Part 2)

FWIW, from barcharts.com's support
area:

Learning Center - Weighted
Alpha
The Alpha is a measure of how much a stock has
risen or fallen over a one year period. The original research was restricted to
large cap stocks, so the corresponding rise in the S&P 500 index was
subtracted, however as there are a number of interesting stocks that do not fit
well into any category, and others that fit into more than one category the
results are presented without subtracting any index.
Barchart.com takes this Alpha (measure of how much
a stock has changed in the one year period) and weights this, assigning more
weight to recent activity, and less (0.5 factor) to activity at the beginning of
the period. Thus the weighted alpha is a measure of one year growth with an
emphasize on the most recent price activity.
A stock whose price has risen over the one year
period will have a positive weighted alpha. A stock whose price has not changed
in the period will have a small weighted alpha and a stock whose price has
dropped over the period will have a negative weighted alpha.

<BLOCKQUOTE