RE: [amibroker] interpreting AA test results

OK, assume I have some figures like:

Ratio avg win/avg loss: 2.60 Avg. trade (win & loss): 0.29 Profit factor: 1.30

and

Ratio avg win/avg loss: 1.17 Avg. trade (win & loss): 0.51 Profit factor: 1.26

Now, one of them generates 3 times as many trades and naturally has a
higher dollar return. The problem is that  I can only physically trade a
small proportion of the identified trades as I am intraday trading on
margin and really only looking to compare entry strategy.

I'm unsure in the circumstances how to determine which best suites my needs
- but I'm inclined to think that as I can only physically trade a small
proportion of the identified trades, I should be looking to trade the
entries that give me the best average trade win - the second strategy.

Dunno - would appreciate any thoughts from traders on selection of the
strategy.

Arthur

 >Avg win/loss would be the dollar ratio of returns per trade (count the
 >dollars)
 >
 >Avg trade win/loss would be the number of wins/loss trades ratio (count the
 >wins/losses)
 >
 >Or vice versa
 >
 >Cheers,
 >Graham