[amibroker] Re: Post from Van Tharp's Forum

As author of the post on Tharp's Mastermind Forum, that Al requested
to also be posted here, I feel it's appropiate to let Tomasz know who
is commenting on his work and product.  And, yes, since I strongly
believe in this AmiBroker (AB) platform, AND ESPECIALLY in Tomasz's
professional and diligent efforts, I am more than happy to readily
promote AB wherever I feel it may do some 'good'.

Further, in all fairness to Van Tharp and HIS forum, I think it would
also be appropriate to hereby share the URL where IT resides.  A
'literal GOLDMINE' of info exists there that complements all the 'good
stuff' on this AB forum.  THAT forum primarily deals with
position-sizing ('exposure') issues and psychological issues, but
there are many, many other posts as well concerning trading strategies
and systems.  The URL is:
"http://mastermindforum.com/phorum/list.php?f=9";.

Tomasz undoubtedly already knows how much he is appreciated, but it
never hurts to again give praise to a valued person who most assuredly
deserves it, whether that praise is in the form of a personal
compliment OR 'word-of-mouth' promotion of his EXCEPTIONALLY-FLEXIBLE,
HIGHEST QUALITY product!!  (;->)

Buzz

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Al Venosa" <advenosa@xxxx> wrote:
> Hi, all and TJ:
>
> I was recently on Van Tharp's trading forum when I read the
following post from an Amibroker user. I thought it was very
complimentary to AB, so I thought I would post it here after getting
permission from the author. The post was in response to a thread on
Turtle sizing, which digressed to trading software. If the author
wishes to identify himself, I'll let him do that. TJ, you are getting
very well known in lots of circles. We are all appreciative of your
efforts and technical assistance.

> > Remember 'Apple Computer' and the 'IBM PC'?  Well,.... Amibroker
is to the
> > IBM PC as MetaStock is to Apple Computer!!
> >
> > Apple had a very effective computer architectural design and
operating
> > system for its time, but unfortunately kept it rather proprietary.
 So it
> > was either difficult or very expensive for third parties to get
info to be
> > able to develop software applications to run on the Apple.  In
retrospect,
> > a very stupid decision on the part of Apple executives.
> >
> > IBM, on the other hand, embraced an 'open architecture' design for
> > hardware, and Microsoft did the same for its operating system to
run on
> > the PC, and both made their interface specifications very
'publically
> > accessible'.  Again in retrospect, a very wise and prudent
decision on the
> > part of the exec's.  This stimulated a GREAT DEAL of synergistic
> > development efforts by third parties and hence today we have a
HUGE
> > variety of applications (essentially unlimited) that run on this
system
> > 'architecture'.
> >
> > Due to the very prudent decision by AmiBroker's developer to
create and
> > support an 'open architecture' type of platform geared toward the
> > financial markets, this product is currently moving up past the
'knee' of
> > the exponential curve of demand, and will (I estimate) 'knock the
socks
> > off' of NOT ONLY MetaStock, but most all (if not all) other
trade-strategy
> > testing platforms 'out there'.  It is fast, it is effective, it is
> > supported by the developer like you've rarely ever seen (in
regards to
> > quick response time), and it is priced extremely attractively and
more
> > 'fairly' than most other obscenely overpriced (again my opinion)
software
> > products.  (As a businessman, would you rather have 0 (zero)
sales at
> > $2500, few sales at $500 - $1000 apiece, or hundreds or more sales
at $130
> > - $200 per sale?!!  VERY SMART pricing on the part of the
developer, I'd
> > say.)  The only 'drawback' is that because of its infinite
flexability,
> > the user needs to learn a bit more, and have more programming
skill, to
> > take advantage of all its capabilities.  Probably not too much
more,
> > though, than learning to use so-called 'Easy Language' for
TradeStation.
> > And, to boot, there is a HUGE and FRIENDLY user community ready to
help
> > the 'newbie' as well as help those that are more advanced!!
>

> Al Venosa
>
> This message has been confirmed to be virus-free by Norton
Antivirus.