[amibroker] Post from Van Tharp's Forum

Hi, all and TJ:

I was recently on Van Tharp's trading forum when I read the following post
from an Amibroker user. I thought it was very complimentary to AB, so I thought
I would post it here after getting permission from the author. The post was in
response to a thread on Turtle sizing, which digressed to trading software. If
the author wishes to identify himself, I'll let him do that. TJ, you are getting
very well known in lots of circles. We are all appreciative of your efforts and
technical assistance.

> Remember 'Apple Computer' and the 'IBM PC'?  Well,.... Amibroker
is to the> IBM PC as MetaStock is to Apple Computer!!>>
Apple had a very effective computer architectural design and operating>
system for its time, but unfortunately kept it rather proprietary.  So
it> was either difficult or very expensive for third parties to get info
to be> able to develop software applications to run on the Apple.
In retrospect,> a very stupid decision on the part of Apple
executives.>> IBM, on the other hand, embraced an 'open
architecture' design for> hardware, and Microsoft did the same for its
operating system to run on> the PC, and both made their interface
specifications very 'publically> accessible'.  Again in retrospect,
a very wise and prudent decision on the> part of the exec's.  This
stimulated a GREAT DEAL of synergistic> development efforts by third
parties and hence today we have a HUGE> variety of applications
(essentially unlimited) that run on this system>
'architecture'.>> Due to the very prudent decision by AmiBroker's
developer to create and> support an 'open architecture' type of platform
geared toward the> financial markets, this product is currently moving up
past the 'knee' of> the exponential curve of demand, and will (I
estimate) 'knock the socks> off' of NOT ONLY MetaStock, but most all (if
not all) other trade-strategy> testing platforms 'out there'.  It is
fast, it is effective, it is> supported by the developer like you've
rarely ever seen (in regards to> quick response time), and it is priced
extremely attractively and more> 'fairly' than most other obscenely
overpriced (again my opinion) software> products.  (As a
businessman, would you rather have 0 (zero) sales at> $2500, few sales at
$500 - $1000 apiece, or hundreds or more sales at $130> - $200 per
sale?!!  VERY SMART pricing on the part of the developer, I'd>
say.)  The only 'drawback' is that because of its infinite
flexability,> the user needs to learn a bit more, and have more
programming skill, to> take advantage of all its capabilities.
Probably not too much more,> though, than learning to use so-called 'Easy
Language' for TradeStation.> And, to boot, there is a HUGE and FRIENDLY
user community ready to help> the 'newbie' as well as help those that are
more advanced!!

Al Venosa
This message has been confirmed to be virus-free by Norton
Antivirus.