Re: [amibroker] Different curency databases -- an AB pain in the butt?

Hi Tomasz,

TJ> Layouts are stored PER DATABASE, therefore there is no obstacle
TJ> in using different set of indicators/charts/formulas in different databases.

TJ> Please check Tutorial: Working with chart sheets and window layouts

I have looked at this "tutorial" in the past, but it doesn't put
things in a way that I can understand, and I am very reluctant to
start playing around with settings that I do not fully understand,
having put tremendous time and effort into getting things set up
reasonably the way I like them for my Japanese database.

Question for you or anyone:

1) If I modify a custom price chart, then save that as a local
layout, is the global default layout then immune to this modification
when I change databases?

For example, in one of my custom price charts, I have the following:

Title = Name() +"  -  "+ WriteVal( DateTime(), formatDateTime )+"  -
"+"Open: "+EncodeColor(colorYellow)+WriteVal(O,1.0)+"
"+EncodeColor(colorBlack)+" -  Hi:
"+EncodeColor(colorRed)+WriteVal(H,1.0)+" "+EncodeColor(colorBlack)+"
-  Low: "+EncodeColor(colorBrightGreen)+WriteVal(L,1.0)+"
"+EncodeColor(colorBlack)+" -  Close:
"+EncodeColor(colorYellow)+WriteVal(C,1.0)+EncodeColor(colorBlack)+"
-  Volume: "+WriteVal(V,1);

This is perfect for the yen, which is indivisible.  But I'd like to
modify this for the dollar, which would mean changing all the '1.0'
settings to '1.2', I believe.  (This also affects the pop up values,
of course.)

But I doubt if I can modify a formula for a custom indicator, and not
have the change take place globally.  Am I wrong?  The tutorial
doesn't speak to this, or at least not in a way that I can
understand.

Yuki