Re: [amibroker] US stocks database using Yahoo free quotes

From: "Yuki Taga" <<A
href=""><FONT
size=2>yukitaga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<FONT
size=2>>
To: "mrdavis9" <<A
href=""><FONT
size=2>amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<FONT
size=2>>
Sent: Monday, September 08, 2003 2:21
AM
Subject: Re: [amibroker] US stocks database using
Yahoo free quotes

> Monday, September 8, 2003, 2:22:37 PM, mrdavis9
wrote:> > m> Yuki, I saw a post awhile back saying the same
> m> thing, so I bet there are a lot of bad ones in the US stocks
folder. Just> m> click on tools, datapurify, and it will take care of
the problem. > > m> Best to do it when you will be away from
the > m> computer for awhile. I am not sure, but I think it stops when
it finds a> m> bad one and asks if you want to delete it. I believe it
will go ahead and> m> delete them if you do nothing. Maybe there is
something in the user manual> m> that will tell you if I am right.
Good luck> > I guess my big question is: Do I want to delete these
stocks?  In> other words, simply because Yahoo has no data on them,
or at least in> this one instance did not return any data for them,
should I assume> they in fact do not exist?
 I  assume that you
are trying to collect Historical data.  If so, have you checked to see if
Yahoo actually has the data at <A
href="">http://chart.yahoo.com/d?a=5&b=7&c=1900&d=8&e=8&f=2003&g=m&s=%5EDJI.
If the data is displayed then Yahoo has it, and if not they
don't.
> Yuki>
---------------------~-->> Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your
HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark> Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders
$50 or more to the US & Canada. <A
href=""><FONT
size=2>http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511<FONT
size=2>> <A
href=""><FONT
size=2>http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/GHeqlB/TM<FONT
size=2>>
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->>
> Send BUG REPORTS to <A
href=""><FONT
size=2>bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Send
SUGGESTIONS to <A
href=""><FONT
size=2>suggest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
group FAQ at: <A
href=""><FONT
size=2>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/files/groupfaq.html<FONT
size=2> > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
<FONT
size=2>http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/<FONT
size=2> > >