size=2>Lionel

<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: DIMITRIS TSOKAKIS
[mailto:TSOKAKIS@xxxxxxxxx] Sent: Wednesday, September 03, 2003 1:27
AMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Re:
Tillson and JurikHerman,What was the purpose of the
MA(C,21) additive conditions ?The simple system runs at +1170%[for your
settings], the MA(C,21) conditions brings it below +500%...Dimitris
Tsokakis--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Herman van den Bergen"
<psytek@xxxx> wrote:> [Steve Karnish] Maybe he can post the
equity graph for the group....> > > AmiBroker report
attached.> >   -----Original
Message----->   From: CedarCreekTrading
[mailto:kernish@xxxx]>   Sent: Tuesday, September 02, 2003 1:53
PM>   To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [amibroker] Tillson and Jurik> > >
Dave,> >   Although I have "knocked back beers" with Tim
many times, he has never>   offered a systematic approach
that incorporates the T3.  In fact, for much>   of the
last 18 months, Tim has played with the StoRSI (which the
Fort>   Collins group has tagged: "the Karnish
System").  Loosely interpreted, it> is>   a
stochastically modified,  momentum oscillator.  He spent a lot of
time>   tweaking the variables of the formula and optimizing
the trigger levels.> >   I have teased Tim and Dave
during the last year and called them a bunch of>
"beer-guzzling, over-optimizers".  All in good fun.  They are
much> brighter>   than I could ever aspire to.  In
fact, Dave is going to speak this month,> to>   the
Denver Trading Group, on the pitfalls of over-optimizing.  He and
Tim>   did exactly that with the simple StoRSI approach to
the>   QQQ's...over-optimized.  They have taken the StoRSI
and substituted>   optimized variables in the
formula.> >   When I offered the StoRSI, systematic
approach, to the their group, in>   December of '01, I
suggested applying it to the QQQ's with a 13 and 87>
trigger.  I also suggested applying a trend qualifier.>
>   Recently, Herman sent me a nice "picture" of the results of
this system> (on>   the QQQ's) with a 21sma as the
trade qualifier.  Maybe he can post the>   equity
graph for the group.  I think the AFL library has all the
bloody>   details:> >    //
Steve Karnish StoRSI>
StochRsi=EMA((RSI(8)-LLV(RSI(8),8))/(HHV(RSI(8),8)-LLV(RSI(8),8)),3)*100;>
Buy=Cross(17,StochRsi) AND Ref(MA(C,21),-1) < MA(C,21);;>
Sell=Cross(StochRsi,83);>   Short=Cross(StochRsi,83) AND
Ref(MA(C,21),-1) > MA(C,21);>
Cover=Cross(17,StochRsi);> >   There seems to be a
misconception among technical traders that "quicker>
is,>   indeed, better".  Quicker is better only if it
leads to a smoother and> safer>   equity
curves.  There is no doubt that Tim and Jurik have developed
some>   sensitive indicators.  Neither has incorporated
them into trading systems>   (as far as I know).>
>   As you are aware, many indicators are helpful in the hands
of a> disciplined>   "artist" that can apply them to
markets to make subjective decisions.> Since>   I
don't trust myself to interpret "wiggles", I lean more toward
formulae>   that can be slammed into objective approaches
that can be backtested (in> and>   out of
sample).> >   I appreciate vendors like Fitchen
(Aberration) that can produce a>   independently, verifiable
track record.  At least when you plunk your>
money>   down, you know what has occurred during the last five
years.  I am less>   excited about vendors who peddled
subjective tools that are left to the>   buyers discretion
(to be applied to markets).  $300 for a black box>
formula>   is not something I'm going to spend my money
for.> >   For that matter, I have 100 formulas that I
will sell you for $3 each (or> $3>   for all of
them).  There's quite a difference between a "formula" and
a>   "systematic approach".  Do you want "tools" or do you
want "tools and>   rules"?  Building the "grail"
starts with a reliable indicator (there are>
dozens).  This is only the starting point.  I get excited when
someone>   builds the entire mousetrap.>
>   I will contact Tim and ask him for examples (besides the
public articles)> of>   how to incorporate the T3
into a trading approach.  Jurik's work is>
floating>   around and I'm sure someone can comment on how to
apply his indicators.> Try>   super-imposing a 10
period ema on top of the Jurik or Tillson work (hard>
to>   tell the difference).  I believe Perry Kaufman
turned me on to it.  Keep> in>   mind, there is
a lot of good stuff for free.> >   Take care,>
>   Steve> >
>         Yahoo! Groups
Sponsor> > > >   Send BUG REPORTS to
bugs@xxxx>   Send SUGGESTIONS to