  >From:
  Lionel
  Issen
  To: <A title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Wednesday, September 03, 2003 8:22
  AM
  Subject: RE: [amibroker] Re: Tillson and
  Jurik

  What is T3 and
  where can I get it.\?
  <FONT face=Arial
  size=2>
  <FONT face=Arial
  size=2>Lionel

  <FONT
  face=Tahoma size=2>-----Original Message-----From: DIMITRIS
  TSOKAKIS [mailto:TSOKAKIS@xxxxxxxxx] Sent: Wednesday, September 03,
  2003 1:27 AMTo: <A
  href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject:
  [amibroker] Re: Tillson and JurikHerman,What was
  the purpose of the MA(C,21) additive conditions ?The simple system runs at
  +1170%[for your settings], the MA(C,21) conditions brings it below
  +500%...Dimitris Tsokakis--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Herman van
  den Bergen" <psytek@xxxx> wrote:> [Steve Karnish] Maybe he
  can post the equity graph for the group....> > >
  AmiBroker report attached.> >   -----Original
  Message----->   From: CedarCreekTrading
  [mailto:kernish@xxxx]>   Sent: Tuesday, September 02, 2003
  1:53 PM>   To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  Subject: [amibroker] Tillson and Jurik> > >
  Dave,> >   Although I have "knocked back beers" with
  Tim many times, he has never>   offered a systematic
  approach that incorporates the T3.  In fact, for
  much>   of the last 18 months, Tim has played with the StoRSI
  (which the Fort>   Collins group has tagged: "the Karnish
  System").  Loosely interpreted, it> is>   a
  stochastically modified,  momentum oscillator.  He spent a lot
  of time>   tweaking the variables of the formula and
  optimizing the trigger levels.> >   I have teased
  Tim and Dave during the last year and called them a bunch
  of>   "beer-guzzling, over-optimizers".  All in good
  fun.  They are much> brighter>   than I could
  ever aspire to.  In fact, Dave is going to speak this month,>
  to>   the Denver Trading Group, on the pitfalls of
  over-optimizing.  He and Tim>   did exactly that
  with the simple StoRSI approach to the>
  QQQ's...over-optimized.  They have taken the StoRSI and
  substituted>   optimized variables in the
  formula.> >   When I offered the StoRSI, systematic
  approach, to the their group, in>   December of '01, I
  suggested applying it to the QQQ's with a 13 and 87>
  trigger.  I also suggested applying a trend qualifier.>
  >   Recently, Herman sent me a nice "picture" of the results
  of this system> (on>   the QQQ's) with a 21sma as
  the trade qualifier.  Maybe he can post the>
  equity graph for the group.  I think the AFL library has all the
  bloody>   details:> >    //
  Steve Karnish StoRSI>
  StochRsi=EMA((RSI(8)-LLV(RSI(8),8))/(HHV(RSI(8),8)-LLV(RSI(8),8)),3)*100;>
  Buy=Cross(17,StochRsi) AND Ref(MA(C,21),-1) <
  MA(C,21);;>   Sell=Cross(StochRsi,83);>
  Short=Cross(StochRsi,83) AND Ref(MA(C,21),-1) >
  MA(C,21);>   Cover=Cross(17,StochRsi);>
  >   There seems to be a misconception among technical traders
  that "quicker> is,>   indeed, better".
  Quicker is better only if it leads to a smoother and>
  safer>   equity curves.  There is no doubt that Tim and
  Jurik have developed some>   sensitive indicators.
  Neither has incorporated them into trading systems>   (as
  far as I know).> >   As you are aware, many indicators
  are helpful in the hands of a> disciplined>   "artist"
  that can apply them to markets to make subjective decisions.>
  Since>   I don't trust myself to interpret "wiggles", I lean
  more toward formulae>   that can be slammed into
  objective approaches that can be backtested (in>
  and>   out of sample).> >   I
  appreciate vendors like Fitchen (Aberration) that can produce
  a>   independently, verifiable track record.  At least
  when you plunk your> money>   down, you know what
  has occurred during the last five years.  I am
  less>   excited about vendors who peddled subjective tools
  that are left to the>   buyers discretion (to be applied
  to markets).  $300 for a black box>
  formula>   is not something I'm going to spend my money
  for.> >   For that matter, I have 100 formulas that I
  will sell you for $3 each (or> $3>   for all of
  them).  There's quite a difference between a "formula" and
  a>   "systematic approach".  Do you want "tools" or do
  you want "tools and>   rules"?  Building the "grail"
  starts with a reliable indicator (there are>
  dozens).  This is only the starting point.  I get excited when
  someone>   builds the entire mousetrap.>
  >   I will contact Tim and ask him for examples (besides the
  public articles)> of>   how to incorporate the T3
  into a trading approach.  Jurik's work is>
  floating>   around and I'm sure someone can comment on how to
  apply his indicators.> Try>   super-imposing a 10
  period ema on top of the Jurik or Tillson work (hard>
  to>   tell the difference).  I believe Perry Kaufman
  turned me on to it.  Keep> in>   mind, there
  is a lot of good stuff for free.> >   Take
  care,> >   Steve> >
  >         Yahoo! Groups
  bugs@xxxx>   Send SUGGESTIONS to
  suggest@xxxx>