Re: [amibroker] Re: An interesting Buy signal

Hi Dave & DT,

DM> seems to catch a lot of nice short-term buys. misses some that
DM> look "bigger" than ones it catches though. to put it differently,
DM> I might want to be long if it was in a buy, but I wouldn't want
DM> to be short if it wasn't (:-).

Yes, it catches pull backs in rising markets quite well.  It appears
not in any way to suggest shorting, ever, though.  But seems to be a
nice pullback indicator for uptrends.

DM> we need the mathcing exit strategy!

That would be nice, along with both an exit strategy for a bad
signal, and a re-entry for times when that is applicable.  Some of my
best trades are trades that I enter 2 or 3 times before I get the
move I'm looking for.  I have little or no tolerance for losers, so
when it coughs or hiccups, I'm gone. But I've also learned over the
years to keep a very very close eye on those situations, as they
often reverse once again only to finally take off in the direction
first anticipated, right after they've knocked out people like me who
have no tolerance for losers. They don't always come back of course,
and this is why I'm gone right away in the first place.  But there is
little more frustrating that getting knocked out and then watching
from the sidelines as the thing reverses and goes in your direction
-- without you.  You've got to get back in, both from a monetary and
psychological standpoint.

Yuki