Re: [amibroker] Re: adding to positions in Stocks

Like everything else, it's all in the
wrist.

Some like to buy 3 contracts (or multiples of) at
the inital buy point.
The first one is exited as soon as the margin,
taxes, and broker costs are gained.
The second is exited as soon as a profit target is
reached.
The third is held until the trend is
exhausted, or when a specific stop is triggered.
Obviously, if the price direction goes wrong, all
three are exited at once.
If you get the price direction wrong often, its
going to cost ya.

"Pyramiding" is a word that has gained a negative
connotation by those who tried it without adequate testing and crashed their
accounts.
Traditional pyramiding does, for the most part,
fail.
Many people pyramid without calling it that. It's
really just adjusting a previously opened trade.
Done differently, under some conditions, it
works.

-CS
<BLOCKQUOTE