Re: [amibroker] Re: adding to positions in Stocks

I've done pyramiding in terms of trading.   After doing it, and getting less than satisfactory returns,  why would you want to?  It is essentially dollar cost averaging the wrong way.  The reward/risk characteristic of the position is getting worse as you approach the final position close-out.

Granted, managing a fund may quite different, since money is always streaming in or out, whatever.

But, it seems to make more sense to find a stock/future that hasn't moved yet, and invest new money there.

Kevin Campbell

In a message dated 8/24/03 4:29:34 PM Central Daylight Time, psytek@xxxxxxxx writes:

Pyramiding has been commented on by Tomasz, and can be implemented by closing and re-opening a position with a different position size. I also posted another method myself at the time. Do a search for Pyramid in the AB archive. Here is TJs example:

// the example system buys on monday, wednesday (increasing