[amibroker] Re: Auto Import Metastock Data Every X Mins?

Hi Tomasz,

In regard to the Metastock Plug-In, if new stocks are added to the
Metastock database will the plug-in add these into the AB symbol list or
should I regularly "Retrieve Symbols" within the "Configure Metastock
data plug-in". Thanks.

Cheers, Glenn

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko"
<amibroker@xxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> USE METASTOCK PLUGIN  EXACTLY AS DESCRIBED IN THE USERS
GUIDE.
> SET UP NEW DATABASE FOR IT. DO NOT IMPORT. JUST USE THE
PLUGIN.
> ================
>
> And mark "Intraday auto-refresh" in the File->Database
Settings: "Configure".

> The DETAILED step by step description is in the
> Tutorial: How to use AmiBroker with external data source (Quotes
Plus, TC2000/TCNet, FastTrack, Metastock)

> CAVEAT from USERS GUIDE:
>
> Metastock importer window
> IMPORTANT NOTE: Metastock importer should be used ONLY if you
want to import MS data to native, local AmiBroker database once. If you
want AmiBroker to just read Metastock database DIRECTLY without need
to import new data over and over please set up your database WITH
METASTOCK PLUGIN as described in the Tutorial.

> NOTE 2: if you setup your database with the MS plugin you should
NOT use Metastock importer, because there is no point in using it when
your data are already fed by the plugin.

> If you do you symbols added by MS importer will be marked as 'use
only local database for this symbol" (in symbol->information)