RE: [amibroker] Re: Auto Import Metastock Data Every X Mins?

TJ
will probably reply to you, but I'm 99% sure that the only way for AB to know
about anything new in your MetaStock folders will be for you to "Retrieve
Symbols".   You should also use the cleanup script to purge out the
dead wood.  I do both of these functions every day.
<BLOCKQUOTE

  <FONT face="Times New Roman"
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Glenn
  [mailto:glennokb@xxxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Thursday, August 14, 2003 2:17
  AMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Re:
  Auto Import Metastock Data Every X Mins?Hi
  Tomasz,In regard to the Metastock Plug-In, if new stocks are added to
  the Metastock database will the plug-in add these into the AB symbol list
  or should I regularly "Retrieve Symbols" within the "Configure Metastock
  data plug-in". Thanks.Cheers, Glenn--- In
  amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko" <amibroker@xxxx>
  wrote:> Hello,> > USE METASTOCK PLUGIN  EXACTLY AS
  DESCRIBED IN THE USERS GUIDE.> SET UP NEW DATABASE FOR IT. DO NOT
  IMPORT. JUST USE THE PLUGIN.> ================> > And
  mark "Intraday auto-refresh" in the File->Database Settings:
  "Configure".> > The DETAILED step by step description is in the
  > Tutorial: How to use AmiBroker with external data source (Quotes
  Plus, TC2000/TCNet, FastTrack, Metastock)> > CAVEAT from
  USERS GUIDE:> > Metastock importer window> IMPORTANT
  NOTE: Metastock importer should be used ONLY if you want to import MS data
  to native, local AmiBroker database once. If you want AmiBroker to just
  read Metastock database DIRECTLY without need to import new data over and
  over please set up your database WITH METASTOCK PLUGIN as described in the
  Tutorial.> > NOTE 2: if you setup your database with the MS
  plugin you should NOT use Metastock importer, because there is no point in
  using it when your data are already fed by the plugin.> > If
  you do you symbols added by MS importer will be marked as 'use only local
  database for this symbol" (in symbol->information)> > and
  will be EXCLUDED from update by plugin.> > Best regards,>
  Tomasz Janeczko> amibroker.comSend
  group FAQ at: <A
  href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.