RE: [amibroker] NEW AB HELP SYSTEM

There
are undoubtedly many ways to organize AB information, some AB
users can pop up any type of information in a second. It is a matter of
personal choice.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Regarding the "use" of Amibroker the best resources are
those posted by TJ on this list on 8/9/2003.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
For
formulas you might want to use some kind of a data base; I gave up on folders as
there are too many and it is hard to categorize some code. As your code grows in
complexity you end up with many variations of the same program and 1000s of
snippets you may want to keep for future use. I save interesting
code in a small data base program called Infoselect [
http://www.miclog.com/isover.htm ]. To be able to find any word or function
instantly is just great. This works well and is a real time saver for me. This
program is not free but there must be many other programs that can do the
same thing, perhaps at less cost.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
Best
regards,
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Herman.

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: mrdavis9
  [mailto:mrdavis9@xxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Saturday, August 09, 2003 5:52
  PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxCc: dave
  cogburnSubject: [amibroker] NEW AB HELP SYSTEM
  Amibroker users are the most helpful group of
  people on  Planet Earth.     I now have a huge
  collection of great posts which tell how to do many things in Amibroker.
  I have had little time or need to use these folders, because I am deriving so
  much enjoyment experimenting with my homemade indicators in an attempt
   to create a  scan that  will find ONLY the most
  MAJOR tops and bottoms. I have organized these folders to enable me to access
  any topic.  Lets say that I want to find  an actual code that uses
  HHV.  I simply access the following:  AMIBROKER >HOW
  TO>HHV.   The HHV folder could easily have several sub folders,
  and each of these subfolders could have subfolders and so on.  This
  system lets me quickly look for any subject.  It is far from perfectly
  organized because when I first started using Amibroker, I had only a vague
  idea of what the posts were about.  Even now, I am sure that my choices
  of folder names leave a lot to be desired.  I am sure that a lot of other
  AB users have been saving posts for later referral.  There may be AB
  users who are interested in a private long-term cooperative project to glean
  through my folders, and others folders in order to create what I think
  would be a very  user friendly Amibroker help system.  Since I
  am only semiliterate regarding how software works, this may be a ridiculous
  suggestion.  Maybe it would be much better to go through the archives to
  do such a project.  How does one use the archives.  Do you enter a
  search word, and it then returns a lot of posts that contain that search
  word?  Just an idea, that's all for now.  Ron D
  <BLOCKQUOTE