[amibroker] Re: (unknown)

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your help. I have now 2 databases. The RT 1min bar works
fine but I have a problem with the EOD database. I built it with
Yahoo and then switched to my RT vendor MyTrack. The problem is that
AB does not retrieve data from MyTrack on this EOD database although
I set it properly (I think).

Here is the set up I use:

Data source: MyTrackRTDataPlug-in
Local data storage : Enable
Number of bars: 10000
Base interval: 1min
Proxy port: 1030

For instance today I only have data until 31/07/03. AB does not
retrieve the last bar. If I delete a stock and create it again I get
no data at all.

The other database works well with the same set up.

What did I do wrong? How can I get RT data on my daily graph? I need
these graphs to be updated in realtime to run real time scans with
AB.

I would appreciate your help.

Regards,
Olivier

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jayson" <jcasavant@xxxx> wrote:
> Oliver,
> Most people keep two databases simply to keep the database
smaller. Consider
> that a single day of 1 minute bars equals something like 390 bars
and you
> can see how large a 5 or ten year history will become. Also
consider that
> your RT vendor probably only supplies you with less than 30 days of
> backfill. If you simply wish to see your EOD data in RT you can
simply
> create your EOD data base then change the plugin during the day to
your RT
> vendor and all is well.
>
> As for your second question ......take a look at the ref()
function. If you
> are new to programming you may wish to take a look at William
Peters
> "Powerscan" software which allows for easy construction of scans
with little
> programming needed.....
>
> Regards,
> Jayson