RE: [amibroker] (unknown)

<SPAN
class=846282213-30072003>Oliver,
Most
people keep two databases simply to keep the database smaller. Consider that a
single day of 1 minute bars equals something like 390 bars and you can see how
large a 5 or ten year history will become. Also consider that your RT vendor
probably only supplies you with less than 30 days of backfill. If you simply
wish to see your EOD data in RT you can simply create your EOD data base then
change the plugin during the day to your RT vendor and all is
well.
<SPAN
class=846282213-30072003>
As for
your second question ......take a look at the ref() function. If you are new to
programming you may wish to take a look at William Peters "Powerscan" software
which allows for easy construction of scans with little programming
needed.....

Regards,
Jayson
<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: olivier_molongo
[mailto:olivier_molongo@xxxxxxxxx]Sent: Wednesday, July 30, 2003 6:30
AMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker]
(unknown)Hi all,I just bought the software and
I need some help to set it up. I use it with Mytrack and I am quite suprise
because it seems I have to set up 2 databases: one for realtime and another
one for EOD data. That is strange, is there a workaround for this? I want a
single database with EOD and realtime data.I need to write some
basic scans, do you know how to get in the language for instance, the close
of yesterday or 4 bars ago, the 5 days ma as of yesterday...I would
appreciate your help and tips regarding
Amibroker.ThanksOlivierSend
group FAQ at: <A
href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.