[amibroker] Re: myTrack plugin in EOD mode

Here is my guess as to what is happening. Perhaps TJ can correct me
if I am wrong.

When you select EOD as you base interval, the myTrack plugin will
probably only query the historical servers for data. Therefore you
will never see the last daily bar updated in real-time. Do you get
any updates in the real-time quote window? That would also be a clue.

BTW, once you pick a base interval for your database, you should not
change it, as you will end up corrupting your database.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "olivier_molongo"
<olivier_molongo@xxxx> wrote:
> Hi Jason,
>
> Thanks for your help. I have now 2 databases. The RT 1min bar works
> fine but I have a problem with the EOD database. I built it with
> Yahoo and then switched to my RT vendor MyTrack. The problem is
that
> AB does not retrieve data from MyTrack on this EOD database
although
> I set it properly (I think).
>
> Here is the set up I use:
>
> Data source: MyTrackRTDataPlug-in
> Local data storage : Enable
> Number of bars: 10000
> Base interval: 1min
> Proxy port: 1030
>
> For instance today I only have data until 31/07/03. AB does not
> retrieve the last bar. If I delete a stock and create it again I
get
> no data at all.
>
> The other database works well with the same set up.
>
> What did I do wrong? How can I get RT data on my daily graph? I
need
> these graphs to be updated in realtime to run real time scans with
> AB.
>
> I would appreciate your help.
>
> Regards,
> Olivier
>

> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jayson" <jcasavant@xxxx> wrote:
> > Oliver,
> > Most people keep two databases simply to keep the database
> smaller. Consider
> > that a single day of 1 minute bars equals something like 390 bars
> and you
> > can see how large a 5 or ten year history will become. Also
> consider that
> > your RT vendor probably only supplies you with less than 30 days
of
> > backfill. If you simply wish to see your EOD data in RT you can
> simply
> > create your EOD data base then change the plugin during the day
> your RT
> > vendor and all is well.
> >
> > As for your second question ......take a look at the ref()
> function. If you
> > are new to programming you may wish to take a look at William
> Peters
> > "Powerscan" software which allows for easy construction of scans
> with little
> > programming needed.....
> >
> > Regards,
> > Jayson