[amibroker] Re: (unknown) : MyTrack / Esignal datafeed

Hello,

Thanks for the answer regarding the ref function.

For the datafeed I understand that if I use MyTrack I will have to
handle 2 seperate databases as suggested on the website. But for
Esignal feed it is not stated on the website that 2 seperate
databases are necessary. Will I have only one database including
realtime and EOD data if I use Esignal?

Thanks,
Olivier

> Hello,
>
> For short daily history it is enough just to use time-compressed
intraday
> bars. Just select View->Daily in your intraday database and you will
> see daily bars on your intraday database (since mytrack supplies
only 15 days
> backfill initially it will be 15 days but this will grow day after
day as
> AmiBroker stores the data in its own database).
>
> For long EOD histories you have to use separate database.
> This is so because EOD and Intraday data are supplied by myTrack
(and also other data vendors)
> separately (intraday histories are very long, to save the resources
most
> data vendors only store 1-120 days of intraday, the remaining data
are stored
> as daily records only on separate servers)
>
> To reference past bars use Ref() function.
> Ref( Close, -1 ) - close 1 bar ago (on EOD database this is
yesterday).
> Ref( MA( Close, 5 ), -1 ) - 5 bar MA as of bar before
>

> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko
> amibroker.com

That