Re: [amibroker] Re: Yahoo caution

From: "Rik Rasmussen" <<A
href=""><FONT
size=2>hrasmussen@xxxxxxxxx<FONT
size=2>>
To: <<A
href=""><FONT
size=2>amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<FONT
size=2>>
Sent: Sunday, July 20, 2003 10:35
PM
Subject: RE: [amibroker] Re: Yahoo
caution

> These observations were made tonight,
Sunday.

I downloaded yesterday and had no
problem.> > I have seen what
you are talking about.> > Rik Rasmussen> Stock Analyzer
mailing list moderator> <A
href=""><FONT
size=2>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/stockanalyzer/<FONT
size=2>> > > -----Original Message-----> > From: jnk1997
[mailto:jnk1997@xxxxxxxxx]> > Sent: Sunday, July 20, 2003 10:25
PM> > To: <A
href=""><FONT
size=2>amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<FONT
size=2>> > Subject: [amibroker] Re: Yahoo caution> >>
>> > Rik,> > I am sure you know this but others may
not.> >> > When using Yahoo EOD data, in order to get full
complete data you> > should wait until at least 3:00 AM Eastern time
in order to download> > the previous days "historical" data. If you
download historical> > earlier they may be gaps, that is some symbols
may be updated and> > some not.> >> > Also, on the
weekend I download the full prior weeks daily historical> > data
again, in order to catch any data corrections CSI may have> >
applied.> >> > Regards> > Jim> >>
href=""><FONT
size=2>amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Rik
Rasmussen" <<FONT
size=2>hrasmussen@x...>> >
wrote:> > > I know some of you are using Yahoo data.> >
data.> > >> > > Example is QQQ. If you check the
historical data for QQQ on Yahoo> > it should> > > be
complete through Jul18th.> > >> > > Sometimes it is.
But If I check it a minute later it might stop> > with JUL 16>
> > data.> > >> > > Repeated checks get randomly
alternating returns of those two> > situations.> >
on any> > call for> > > Yahoo historical data.>
reported a signal I> > was not> > > seeing on my
chart.> > >> > > At this time I would be careful if
using Yahoo data.> > > Rik Rasmussen> > > Stock
Analyzer mailing list moderator> > > <A
href=""><FONT
size=2>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/stockanalyzer/<FONT
size=2>> >> >> >> > Send BUG REPORTS to
<FONT
size=2>bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> >
Send SUGGESTIONS to <A
href=""><FONT
size=2>suggest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
size=2>)> > --------------------------------------------> >
Check group FAQ at:> > <A
href=""><FONT
size=2>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/files/groupfaq.html<FONT
size=2>> >> > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
<FONT
size=2>http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/<FONT
size=2>> >> >> > > ------------------------
Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->> Buy Ink Cartridges or
Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark> Printer at Myinks.com.
Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.>
<FONT
size=2>http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511<FONT
size=2>> <A
href=""><FONT