From: Phsst [mailto:phsst@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, 18 July 2003 10:37 AM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] A Non-Random selection of stocks

Jayson,

Thanks for you suggestion regarding price and Institutional Ownership as
further filters for this project.

But I think you may have mis-interpreted my original post.

You stated "Stocks such as CSCO, INTC, ORCL and HD each trade less than 50
million on a routine basis yet are highly liquid.".

All of the above issues that you mentioned were in my filtered list of 399
stocks.

I think you mis-read my filtering... I stated that I filtered based
upon   $50 million DOLLARS in daily volume... not 50 million shares.

And YES... I do have access to Institutional Ownership Percent.

So as I narrow down the list of 'Non-Random' stocks, I will apply
Institutional Ownership along with other metrics, trying to achieve a proper
balance of volatility versus stability (ie. predictability).

Hopefully Yuki or others will provide some insight into further filtering.
But if not, I'll muddle thru it. Looks like I may need to raise the $50
million DOLLAR daily volume level.

Thanks again.

Phsst

Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark Printer
at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/sOykFB/k9VGAA/ySSFAA/GHeqlB/TM