RE: [amibroker] lower highs, lower lows

Al, probably because that
is the way you learn it. In this case where the answer I want is just 0 or 1
then yes you could use the straight logic. Just never thought of doing it that
way. Thanks for the help.

 <o:SmartTagType
namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags"
name="PersonName">

<B
><I
><SPAN
>Cheers<SPAN
class=GramE>,<st1:PersonName
><B
><I
><SPAN
>Graham
<A
href=""><FONT
color=#008080>http://groups.msn.com/ASXShareTrading
<A
href=""><FONT
color=#008080>http://groups.msn.com/FMSAustralia

  <FONT
  face=Tahoma size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Al Venosa
  [mailto:advenosa@xxxxxxxxxxxx] Sent: Friday, 18 July 2003 9:16
  AMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re: [amibroker]
  lower highs, lower lows
  Graham:

  I've noticed you and lots of other folks on this board seemingly
  unnecessarily use the iif statement a lot, as in your Rise and Fall code lines
  below. Yet, isn't it just as correct and less code (i.e., more efficient) to
  simply write:

  Rise = H>Ref(H,-1) AND L>Ref(L,-1);

  Just curious why people use iif so much. Thanks.

  Al Venosa
  <BLOCKQUOTE