RE: [amibroker] Re: Please send unmarked bills, in a brown paper bag, to: ...

<SPAN
class=147103916-17072003>Phsst,
You
might also want to take a look at filtering a min closing value as well. Stocks
such as CSCO, INTC, ORCL and HD each trade less than 50 million on a routine
basis yet are highly liquid. Depending on who your data provider is,  looking at
institutional ownership can also be very helpful. In general I look
for stocks that the institutions trade as they tend to trade in a more
orderly manner.....

Regards,
Jayson
<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Phsst
[mailto:phsst@xxxxxxxxx]Sent: Thursday, July 17, 2003 12:15
PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Re:
Please send unmarked bills, in a brown paper bag, to:
...Yuki,Your post was a powerful testimonial
for focusing on trading a verylimited basket of stocks.Powerful
enough in fact that I'll start looking seriously at thatapproach.I
know from past posts that you only trade the largest of stocks witha high
enough liquidity that your trades aren't even a 'blip on theradar screen'
where volume is concerned. I did a scan on Mondayagainst all U.S. stocks
which had daily trading volume exceeding $50mil U.S. and got over 300
issues.What other insights might you be willing to share regarding
drillingdown to a small number of issues to focus
upon.Regards,Phsst--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
Yuki Taga <yukitaga@xxxx> wrote:> Hi Fred,> >
Thursday, July 17, 2003, 12:16:45 PM, you wrote:> > F> If we
had a system and it was only good enough to trade the S&P> F>
wouldn't that be sufficient whether that was in the form of> F>
EMini's,  Options, ETF's or what have you ?  Does any
particular> F> system have to  work across a basket of whatever
to be viable ?> > Absolutely, it is not necessary.  I am
making hay, lots of hay,> trading the same 5 stocks over and over
according to a system.  They> have made money with this system as
far back as I can test.  They> continue to make money.  Other
stocks break even with the system.  I> don't know why.  I don't
really care either.  I will continue to> trade the 5.  Someday
they may stop working.  On the other hand, they> may not, as I can't
find a significant time frame where they haven't.> But if they do, I'll
look around for something else that works.> > Looking for
something that works across a "random basket of stocks"> is A) a waste of
time in my opinion, because B) it makes you Pope of> The Universal Church
of Holy Grailism, which kicked me out years ago> for heresy.
^^_^^> > YukiSend
group FAQ at: <A
href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.