[amibroker] Re: Fw: Predictions I

DT,

Your 'Predictions' series is very nice indeed.

I did your original exploration against a few baskets of stocks and
got the same results you did.

Don't know if I'll be able to bring any value to the discussion, but I
wanted to thank you.

Regards,

Phsst
--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Dimitris Tsokakis" <TSOKAKIS@xxxx>
wrote:
> Let us see now the more realististic approach:
> Hypothesis : We do not expect for tomorrow  a daily return greater
than +50% OR  less than -50% .
> Then you will find out very few days to expect the MAcrossover.
> Some times we see two or three premature signals before the main one.
> This observation helps to speculate in advance the upcoming MAcross
and find best intraday prices for your movement.
> We may have 3 types of signals
> *EXPECT an MAcross SOON
> *EXPECT an MAcross TOMORROW
> *an MAcross confirmation
> to check the value of the method.
> Use for your ind. builder [interpretation window] the code
>
> // MA cross Expectation
> p=20;MAp=MA(C,p);
> k=30;MAk=MA(C,k);
> y=p*MA(C,p)-(p-1)*Ref(MA(C,p-1),-1);
> tClose=(p*(k-1)*MA(C,k-1)-k*(p-1)*MA(C,p-1))/(k-p);
> DescCrossPrediction=Cross(tClose,C);
> AscCrossPrediction=Cross(C,tClose);
> ExpectMAcross=DescCrossPrediction OR AscCrossPrediction;
> Filter=tClose<0.5*C OR tClose>1.5*C;
> AddColumn(MAp,"MAp");
> AddColumn(MAk,"MAk");
> Plot(C,"",7*Filter+1,64);
> Plot(MAp,"",4,1);Plot(MAk,"",5,1);
> bars=BarsSince(Cross(MAp,MAk) OR Cross(MAk,MAp));
> expect=NOT(Filter) AND NOT(ExpectMAcross);
> Title=Name()+" , "+WriteIf(expect AND bars>=2,"EXPECT an MAcross
SOON","")+
> WriteIf(ExpectMAcross,"EXPECT an MAcross TOMORROW","");
> to read the respective signals.
> In the att. gif, all the olive candles are far from any probable
MAcross, the big black candle gives
> the premature expectation signal and the very next bar predicts
[successfully] that an MAcross will occur tomorrow.
> Dimitris Tsokakis

quite reliable warning for an upcoming MA cross, bullish or bearish.
> There are some periods when this cross is IMPOSSIBLE and may be
accurately idendified.
> This tClose is the virtual next bar Close which will fulfill the
condition MA(C,p)=MA(C;k).
> The argument is quite simple:
>
> If tClose is negative, then it is IMPOSSIBLE to see an MAcross tomorrow.
>
> [Of course there are many other cases we may exclude, for example
tClose=0.1*C, since we do not expect a -90% daily return for CSCO !!!
> but, in this formula we just want to investigate the theoretical
IMPOSSIBLE]
> For your indicator builder [or AA] use the
>
> // Impossible MA cross Prediction
> p=20;MAp=MA(C,p);
> k=30;MAk=MA(C,k);
> y=p*MA(C,p)-(p-1)*Ref(MA(C,p-1),-1);
> tClose=(p*(k-1)*MA(C,k-1)-k*(p-1)*MA(C,p-1))/(k-p);
> Filter=tClose<0;
> AddColumn(MAp,"MAp");
> AddColumn(MAk,"MAk");
> Plot(C,"",6*Filter+1,64);
> Plot(MAp,"",4,1);Plot(MAk,"",5,1);
> In AA explore the database for the n=1 last quotations to see all
these stocks you do not expect an MA cross, bullish or bearish.
> Any MAcross technique should be applied to the rest...
> For July16 there were 18 N100 stocks indifferent for an MAcross.
> Dimitris Tsokakis

majority will be confirmed tomorrow...]
> Similar terminology is used for the Ascending crosses.
> The N100 results from Jan2000 till now are enthusiastic and, in
practical terms, we may say that we can have a safe prediction
> for the [unknown] next bar MA cross.
> Explore your database for the n=1 last quotations with
>
> // MA cross Prediction Statistics, by Dimitris Tsokakis, July 2003
> p=20;MAp=MA(C,p);
> k=30;MAk=MA(C,k);
> y=p*MA(C,p)-(p-1)*Ref(MA(C,p-1),-1);
> tClose=(p*(k-1)*MA(C,k-1)-k*(p-1)*MA(C,p-1))/(k-p);
> DescCrossPrediction=Cross(tClose,C);
> AscCrossPrediction=Cross(C,tClose);
> ConfirmedDesc=Cross(MAk,MAp);
> ConfirmedAsc=Cross(MAp,MAk);
> DescTotalPredictions=Cum(DescCrossPrediction);
> Accurate0DescPredictions=Cum(ConfirmedDesc AND
Ref(DescCrossPrediction,-1));
> Accurate1DescPredictions=Cum(ConfirmedDesc AND
Ref(DescCrossPrediction,-2));
> Accurate2DescPredictions=Cum(ConfirmedDesc AND
Ref(DescCrossPrediction,-3));
> UselessDescPredictions=Cum(ConfirmedDesc AND DescCrossPrediction);
> AscTotalPredictions=Cum(AscCrossPrediction);
> Accurate0AscPredictions=Cum(ConfirmedAsc AND
Ref(AscCrossPrediction,-1));
> Accurate1AscPredictions=Cum(ConfirmedAsc AND
Ref(AscCrossPrediction,-2));
> Accurate2AscPredictions=Cum(ConfirmedAsc AND
Ref(AscCrossPrediction,-3));
> UselessAscPredictions=Cum(ConfirmedAsc AND AscCrossPrediction);
> Filter=1;
> AddColumn(100*Accurate0DescPredictions/DescTotalPredictions,"Acc0
Desc %",1.0);
> AddColumn(100*Accurate1DescPredictions/DescTotalPredictions,"Acc1
Desc %",1.0);
> AddColumn(100*Accurate2DescPredictions/DescTotalPredictions,"Acc2
Desc %",1.0);
> AddColumn(100*UselessDescPredictions/DescTotalPredictions,"Useless
Desc %",1.0);
> AddColumn(100-Column0-Column1-Column2-Column3,"False Desc %",1.0);
> AddColumn(100*Accurate0AscPredictions/AscTotalPredictions,"Acc0 Asc
%",1.0);
> AddColumn(100*Accurate1AscPredictions/AscTotalPredictions,"Acc1 Asc
%",1.0);
> AddColumn(100*Accurate2AscPredictions/AscTotalPredictions,"Acc2 Asc
%",1.0);
> AddColumn(100*UselessAscPredictions/AscTotalPredictions,"Useless Asc
%",1.0);
> AddColumn(100-Column5-Column6-Column7-Column8,"False Asc %",1.0);

Buy Naturally Painless & Spray Away Backaches & Joint Pain. $19.97
http://www.challengerone.com/t/l.asp?cid=2867&lp=m331.html
http://us.click.yahoo.com/tJIe0D/79VGAA/ySSFAA/GHeqlB/TM