[amibroker] Re: Very off topic help with recommending a broker

Kevin,
Just FYI, take a look at
http://www.gcitrading.com/cfd-demo.htm
http://www.gcitrading.com/gci-advantage.htm
Dimitris Tsokakis

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Kevin243@xxxx wrote:
> I dont use IB so I don't have the answers to these questions.  But
I would
> ask them what kind of backup trading systems do they have.  The
broker I use has
> three.  If one system goes down, the others pick up without a
hitch.  They
> aren't even located in the same part of the country.  I was able to
reach a
> human voice at my brokerage the morning of 9/11 and they explained
what exactly
> was going on at the exchanges.
>
> I'd ask if they have ever been down, while the market really
moving?  Can
> there trading systems handle large sudden volumes spikes?
>
> I've had a trade execute (stop) outside of the day's trading range
on the
> Chicago exchange.  (talk about slippage!).  Anyway, my broker, when
presented the
> facts, reinstated the shares prior to the next morning's open.
>
> I'd ask about their back office support, ie. if the accounting on a
trade
> gets messed up, is there some one to work with you?
>
> I'd also ask about tax accounting support.  What do they have and
what are
> the options.
>
> Kevin Campbell
>

> In a message dated 7/12/03 4:36:38 PM Central Daylight Time,
> jcasavant@xxxx writes:
>

> > Bob and every one else who responded,
> >  Thank you all for your input. It sounds like IB is worth a try.
> >
> > Regards,
> >  Jayson

Buy Ink Cartridges & Refill Kits for Your HP at Myinks.com
Free shipping on orders $50 or more to the US and Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5706&lp=home/hp.asp
http://us.click.yahoo.com/arYXfA/.xWGAA/ySSFAA/GHeqlB/TM