RE: [amibroker] Starting point for a short system...short term

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Thanks, Eugene, for your ideas on a system for
shorting.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
I just
want to make sure I understand what you are saying.   Are you looking
for higher closes and higher lows for three to five days and, assuming that to
be an overbought situation, you are then selling short?    Do I
understand what you are suggesting?
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Thanks
<BLOCKQUOTE

  <FONT face="Times New Roman"
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Eugene
  [mailto:johngalt1234@xxxxxxxxx]Sent: Wednesday, July 09, 2003 7:47
  AMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker]
  Starting point for a short system...short termThree
  consecutive higher closes and three consecutive higher lows.Sometimes this
  pattern can go for 4 or 5 days... You might want to try5 if the universe
  of stocks you are scanning is pretty large.Some other qualifiers could be
  added.you would short at close on the 5 day in case you are using the
  5dayrun pattern. I did an analysis on AAPL and found that with the 3
  day pattern youcould expect a 4% return in about 5 trading days about 60%
  of the time. Send
  group FAQ at: <A
  href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.