[amibroker] Indicator Spikes

Thank you Wavemechanic,  Steve, and Tony
for your suggestions, I will follow up on all of them in order to gain a better
understanding of databases and how
they work.

Tony, you are correct, it is mixed data, and
it appears that my lack of database  knowledge is the cause of
this problem.   I knew essentially nothing about databases when I
first started using Amibroker.  I was referred to the US STOCKS folder
which contains all of the Yahoo symbols.  I then downloaded
the HISTORICAL  data starting from about year 2000.  I then
clicked  on OPEN DATABASE, and then the US STOCKS database, and this
enabled me to view charts.  Then, each day I have been clicking on
TOOLS, auto-update quotes(US and Canada).  Amiquote's default setting
is HISTORICAL, so I have to stop the download , and change it over to daily.
Then it finishes the  download in the daily mode.   So I am
putting all of the data into the same folder.   I have been noticing a
fair amount of such obviously bad data, so over this past weekend, I ran another
download of yahoo historical data starting at January,1996. I have been assuming
that this new download would overwrite any existing bad
data.
I have had very little success understanding what I read  the
help files.  My difficulty using help is almost certainly  due to
my meager understanding of how to manage databases.
I welcome any and all information that will help me
understand what I should do here.  It appears that I need to keep the
historical and the daily download data in separate folders. Is this
correct?   I only use EOD data, does this mean that I need to let
Amiquote go ahead and run in historical mode every day that I download the
new data?
I think that I saw a post from TJ that said there
is a difference between  EOD and daily data.  Although I do see a lot
of obvious data problems, the vast majority of the charts look normal.  I
appreciate all your help.  Ron D

<BLOCKQUOTE