[amibroker] Re: ANN: PORTFOLIO TRADER v2.0 (Fred - setup questions)

Fred,

I also am having some questions about setting up the new PT. The
documents indicate that one is to put files into c:\Program
Files\Amibroker, etc. Since my install of AB is on my D drive, I
thought I could just put the files there replacing c:\Program
Files\Amibroker\ with d:\Amibroker_Work\ in the path names, however
when I tried to run PT, I got the following error message:

---beginning of error message
Line 23, Column 54:
// =============================================================
tUserCSV   =   "c:/Program Files/AmiBroker/PTrader/PT-User.CSV";

#include "c:\Program Files\AmiBroker\AFL\@PT-Form.AFL"
-----------------------------------------------------^
#include error: File does not exist:
'c:\Program Files\AmiBroker\AFL\@PT-Form.AFL'

---end of error message

My problem is thus related to Mark's: I do not have PT-Form.afl in
the PT zip I downloaded.

My question is this: when I get or find PT-Form.afl, do I have to
put it on my C drive in the exact path specified in the
documentation, or can I put it into D:\Amibroker_Work\AFL\ ?

I would prefer not to reinstall AB to my C drive, but I will do it
if that is a requirement for the current version of PT.

Thanks in advance for your answers.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "MarkF2" <feierstein@xxxx> wrote:
> Fred- Great, I've been waiting for a GUI!  But when I installed
> according to instructions (latest PT version and AB Tool 1.3), I
got
> an error message when trying to start from the AB tools menu saying
> "Missing PTrader\PT-Form.txt"  I didn't see such a file in your
zip.
> When I tried renaming PT-Spec.txt, that didn't work so I restored
the
> original name. Is this file from an earlier version?
>
> Mark

Save up to 80% on top-quality inkjet cartridges and get your order fast!
FREE shipping on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. Shop at Myinks.com!
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/v2G7ND/KfUGAA/ySSFAA/GHeqlB/TM