[amibroker] Re: Amibroker and abtool (a different perspective)

Chuck,
your description is rather confusing.
Is there any new amibroker price [$69]I donīt know ?
I still hope I follow this list carefully, but sometimes I wonder if
I read another YHOO list.
Is there any amibroker fan club I missed?
What is this 1.3.0, I was sure we were before the official 4.40
amibroker version, 1.3 should be [if ever existed] a very old story.
Totally confused, please advise...
Dimitris Tsokakis
--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Chuck Rademacher"
<chuck_rademacher@x> wrote:
> For what it's worth, I (think that) I agree with Fred and I also
thank Uenal
> (as b519b did) for the serious amount of work that went into ABTool.
>
> However, I do think that it would have been better if Uenal had
told us
> immediately that we could continue to use 1.3.0 for free and
without a time
> bomb rather than have many of us worrying about it.   Properly
handled,
> several of us would have been happy to pay $69 for the right to
receive
> future upgrades.   1.3.0 works fine for me and has no known bugs.
As a
> guess, it would cost me about $10,000 to have someone develop such
a tool
> for my own use.  Uenal did it for nothing.
>
> So, thanks Uenal.   I only wish that you had handled things a bit
better.  I
> will probably become a registered user to keep the upgrades
coming.  But I
> would certainly have felt better about doing so if you had sent an
> explanatory email to your fan club prior to creating the web site
with
> prices.

There
>   is no time limit in versions >= 1.0 incl. the latest "free for
>   private use version" (v1.3.0). You can use the v1.3.0 for an
>   unlimited time."
>
>   So this is really a non issue as it may be some time if ever
before
>   AB/AFL provides the capabilities that exist in ABTool.
>
>   --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "epintoem" <epintoem@xxxx>
wrote:
>   > I see a lot of rancor being created just because abtool went
>   > commercial. I am sure those that use it will make a decision
whether
>   > the money is worth it.
>   >
>   > As for me the features in Amibroker are sufficient to take care
of
>   my
>   > needs. Trading is not about finding a holy grail, rather
something
>   > that is simple can be implemented and you are comfortable with.
>   > believe I can do just fine with the tools within amibroker
itself.

>         Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
>

>   Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx
>   Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx
Service.

Save on Coral Calcium. Get Better Health and
Stronger Bones. Seen on TV
http://www.challengerone.com/t/l.asp?cid-2805&lp=calcium2.asp
http://us.click.yahoo.com/9gf46B/EfUGAA/ySSFAA/GHeqlB/TM