RE: [amibroker] Re: H=L and V=0

QP2 gives prices to 3 decimals.

-----Original Message-----
From: Metasan [mailto:mdhuang@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, July 04, 2003 11:25 AM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] Re: H=L and V=0

Out of curiosity I ran the same exploration against TC2000 hits and
there are a lot of hits. But mostly they are not errors.
There are two main categories of the hits:

1. One same old days, after the stock has been splited many times, it
is normal to get H==L such as H==L==0.15. (Before many splits, it
could be that H=15.49 L=15.01)

2. The Volume is low such as 500, that means there is only one trade,
thus H=L=O=C. If the Volume is lower than 100, it could be truncated
to 0.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Al Venosa" <advenosa@xxxx> wrote:
> Hi, everyone:
>
> Tonight, I thought I'd do a quickie exploration of a watchlist
containing almost 800 stocks (range setting on all quotations). I was
interested in finding out how many times the high was equal to the
low or the volume equaled 0. I used the following exploration:

> Buy=Sell=Short=Cover=0;
> Error = H==L OR V==0;
> AddColumn(H,"H",1.2);
> AddColumn(L,"L",1.2);
> AddColumn(V,"V",1);
> AddColumn(Error,"Bad Price Patterns",1);
> Filter=Error>0;
>
> To my surprise, I found over 13,000 instances of H==L and almost
2,700 instances of V==0. On the days when V==0, the H and L were also
equal. So, those days were truly bad data (or non-trade) days.
However, in the other 10,000+ instances when H==L, there was
legitimate volume, sometimes high volume. What does it mean when the
price bars are all equal (O=H=L=C), yet volume was finite?

> Al Venosa
>
> This message has been confirmed to be virus-free by Norton
Antivirus.