[amibroker] Re: Displaying composites on intraday charts, without scanning

Jayson,
Look at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/message/40613
the new AFL functions:
GetCategorySymbols( category, index ), StrExtract
and
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/message/40619
Dimitris Tsokakis
--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jayson" <jcasavant@xxxx> wrote:
> Phil,
> I believe the only way to create a composite is to do so with scan.
Assuming
> your data is current you can run addtocomposite on data from any
time frame
> and chart those results. Depending on the number os stock required
to run
> the composite esignal may give you problems as they require a wait
to back
> fill the data as the symbols are called in AA. Newer versions of AB
offer a
> check box to aid in that "Wait".
>
> As for createaverageforwatchlist..... I see no reference in help
nor does my
> current version of AB recognize this function......
>
> As for the reason your esignal database crashed, you may wish to
check that
> all symbols called in your code are actually in your interday
database.
> Since the same code worked in your tc2000 DB you can assume the
problem is
> not with the code . FWIW I just plotted it on my esignal DB and
it "worked".

> Regards,
> Jayson

Inkjet cartridges up to 80% off. HP, Epson, Lexmark--we have your brand.
Free shipping on every order to the U.S. and Canada! Excellent service.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5510
http://us.click.yahoo.com/QWB0QC/.eUGAA/ySSFAA/GHeqlB/TM