RE: [amibroker] Re: Displaying composites on intraday charts, without scanning

<SPAN
class=852300920-03072003>Dimitris,
thanks
for the reference. I had thought the post was referencing a built on function.
It seems that it suffers from the same wait to backfill challenges with esignal
but runs nicely on static EOD data. Blink and you miss a lot around here
<G>

Regards,
Jayson
<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: DIMITRIS TSOKAKIS
[mailto:TSOKAKIS@xxxxxxxxx]Sent: Thursday, July 03, 2003 3:26
PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Re:
Displaying composites on intraday charts, without
scanningJayson,Look at<A
href="">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/message/40613the
new AFL functions:GetCategorySymbols( category, index ), StrExtract
and<A
href="">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/message/40619Dimitris
Tsokakis--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jayson" <jcasavant@xxxx>
wrote:> Phil,> I believe the only way to create a composite is to
do so with scan. Assuming> your data is current you can run
addtocomposite on data from any time frame> and chart those results.
Depending on the number os stock required to run> the composite
esignal may give you problems as they require a wait to back> fill
the data as the symbols are called in AA. Newer versions of AB offer
a> check box to aid in that "Wait".> > As for
createaverageforwatchlist..... I see no reference in help nor does
my> current version of AB recognize this function......> >
As for the reason your esignal database crashed, you may wish to check
that> all symbols called in your code are actually in your interday
database.> Since the same code worked in your tc2000 DB you can
assume the problem is> not with the code . FWIW I just plotted it on
my esignal DB and it "worked".> > Regards,>
Jayson> -----Original Message-----> From: angleseven1
[mailto:phil.blanchard@xxxx]> Sent: Thursday, July 03, 2003 10:11
AM> To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [amibroker] Displaying
composites on intraday charts, without> scanning> >
> Hi,> > I'm evaluating AmiBroker and have a few
questions.> > The main thing I want to be able to do is run
composites on multiple> timeframes. For instance, I would like to be able
to display charts> of NQ with MACDBULL/MACDBEAR, at daily, 78-min, 13-min
& 3-min> timeframes. I'm using eSignal as a datafeed.>
> For the sake of simplicity, I would like to avoid using scans.>
> The demo version I downloaded is at version 4.30.0. From
looking> through the Yahoo posts, looping requires 4.32.0 or higher,
and> CreateAverageForWatchList requires 4.37.0, so I can't try these.
I> therefore tried out the code given by Dimitris in post 40201,>
slightly modified to replace ^NDX with CSCO> > C1=C;>
N0="CSCO";C=Foreign(N0,"C");> MACD0=MACD();Signal0=Signal();>
MACDbull0=MACD0>Signal0;> N1="MSFT";C=Foreign(N1,"C");>
MACD1=MACD();Signal1=Signal();> MACDbull1=MACD1>Signal1;>
N2="INTC";C=Foreign(N2,"C");> MACD2=MACD();Signal2=Signal();>
MACDbull2=MACD2>Signal2;> C=C1;>
MACDbull=MACDbull0+MACDbull1+MACDbull2;>
Plot(MACDbull,"MACDBULL",2,8);> > This worked fine on a daily
database with TC2000 data, but crashed> when I tried it on an intraday
database with eSignal.> So did the very simplified> >
C1=C;> N0="CSCO";C=Foreign(N0,"C");>
MACD0=MACD();Signal0=Signal();> MACDbull0=MACD0>Signal0;>
C=C1;> Plot(MACDbull0,"MACDBULL",2,8);> > Ok, some
questions.> 1. Can AmiBroker plot composites on intraday charts?>
2. Can AmiBroker run the type of code shown above with intraday
data?> 3. Do any of the other methods mentioned in various
posts> > CreateAverageForWatchList, looping through a watchlist,
defining a> function, using the Abtool plug-in) work with intraday
data?> 4. How can I get a demo of something that works?> >
Thanks> Phil> > >
>       Yahoo! Groups
Sponsor>
ADVERTISEMENT> > > > > Send BUG REPORTS to
bugs@xxxx> Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx>
group FAQ at: <A
href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.