RE: [amibroker] Displaying composites on intraday charts, without scanning

<SPAN
class=412332214-03072003>Phil,
believe the only way to create a composite is to do so with scan. Assuming your
data is current you can run addtocomposite on data from any time frame and chart
those results. Depending on the number os stock required to run the composite
esignal may give you problems as they require a wait to back fill the data as
the symbols are called in AA. Newer versions of AB offer a check box to aid in
that "Wait".
<SPAN
class=412332214-03072003>
As for
createaverageforwatchlist..... I see no reference in help nor does my current
version of AB recognize this function......
<SPAN
class=412332214-03072003>
As for
the reason your esignal database crashed, you may wish to check that all symbols
called in your code are actually in your interday database. Since the same code
worked in your tc2000 DB you can assume the problem is not with the code .
FWIW I just plotted it on my esignal DB and it "worked".

Regards,
Jayson
<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: angleseven1
[mailto:phil.blanchard@xxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Thursday, July 03, 2003
10:11 AMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker]
Displaying composites on intraday charts, without
scanningHi,I'm evaluating AmiBroker and have a
few questions.The main thing I want to be able to do is run composites
on multiple timeframes. For instance, I would like to be able to display
charts of NQ with MACDBULL/MACDBEAR, at daily, 78-min, 13-min & 3-min
timeframes. I'm using eSignal as a datafeed.For the sake of
simplicity, I would like to avoid using scans. The demo version I
downloaded is at version 4.30.0. From looking through the Yahoo posts,
looping requires 4.32.0 or higher, and CreateAverageForWatchList requires
4.37.0, so I can't try these. I therefore tried out the code given by
Dimitris in post 40201, slightly modified to replace ^NDX with
CSCOC1=C;N0="CSCO";C=Foreign(N0,"C");MACD0=MACD();Signal0=Signal();MACDbull0=MACD0>Signal0;N1="MSFT";C=Foreign(N1,"C");MACD1=MACD();Signal1=Signal();MACDbull1=MACD1>Signal1;N2="INTC";C=Foreign(N2,"C");MACD2=MACD();Signal2=Signal();MACDbull2=MACD2>Signal2;C=C1;MACDbull=MACDbull0+MACDbull1+MACDbull2;Plot(MACDbull,"MACDBULL",2,8);This
worked fine on a daily database with TC2000 data, but crashed when I tried
it on an intraday database with eSignal.So did the very simplified
C1=C;N0="CSCO";C=Foreign(N0,"C");MACD0=MACD();Signal0=Signal();MACDbull0=MACD0>Signal0;C=C1;Plot(MACDbull0,"MACDBULL",2,8);
Ok, some questions.1. Can AmiBroker plot composites on intraday
charts?2. Can AmiBroker run the type of code shown above with intraday
data?3. Do any of the other methods mentioned in various posts (
CreateAverageForWatchList, looping through a watchlist, defining a
function, using the Abtool plug-in) work with intraday data?4. How can I
get a demo of something that works?ThanksPhilSend
group FAQ at: <A
href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.