[amibroker] Re: AmiBroker vs other programs

"...has anyone spent a bunch of time with AmiBroker and then switched
back to some other program?"

Sorry to report this, cowdude, but I respectfully admit that after
spending some time with AmiBroker (over a year now?), and the helpful
users on this list, I really cannot imagine switching back to another
program.

The speed, power and flexibility of AmiBroker, along with the tech
support and user group help, is still a bit stunning to me. I
actually feel sorry for other companies trying to compete.

Please understand: I am a former programmer, and I tend to be fairly
demanding in what I expect a product to be able to do. I have hit no
walls with AmiBroker. In fact, I sometimes struggle to keep up with
new developments in the product.

I believe any user could spend a lifetime trying to exhaust the
abilities of this product. Just look at this list!

And with the availability of free EOD data (for stocks), there is no
pressure to trade when conditions do not warrant it. No money is
wasted by standing aside for a bit.

Let me also mention that, like others here, I get NOTHING of a
financial nature from Tomasz for these comments. I only get the small
satisfaction of saying "thank you for AmiBroker, Tomasz" through
these words.

Good luck in your decision.

Bill

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "cowdude650" <cowdude650@xxxx>