[amibroker] Problem with Param

I am using the statement, "number = Param("number", 10,1,18,1);" in
the AFL code in the AA window (without the quotes). When the equity
curve is displayed, a right-click and then a left click
on "Parameters" opens the expected Parameter dialog box. The items in
the box, however, do not correspond to the Param statements in the
code, either in the AA window, or in the IB window displaying the
code for Equity Line. The Param dialog box has a list of several
adjustable params from previous sessions in AA, and the desired
current one for "number" is not present. In the previous sessions,
varying params from the Param dialog box did cause the equity curve
to change, as expected.

I have closed and reopened the Equity curve pane, loaded and run
different code in the AA window, and restarted Amibroker (4.39)
numerous times, all without changing the problem behavior of the
Param dialog box. Thanks to anyone who can help.