[amibroker] proof of an uptrend

I am finally able to actually create some scans
that work.  Now I want to add something to my buy scans that will
insure that the stocks that receive a buy arrow are actually in an
uptrend.  One idea I have is to require that it's linear regression must be
in an uptrend.  I would appreciate any and all suggestions regarding what
criteria that I should put into my buy scans that would insure that the
stock is  truly  in an uptrend, in order for it to
be eligible  to receive a buy arrow.  Regardless of the other
suggestions that may be forthcoming,  I still want to test the concept of
positive linear regression.  I  have copied the information from HELP
that I  think is most relevant to what I want to do.  I am a little
puzzled regarding what these  HELP  comments are really saying.
All that I am really looking for in this post is the statements that I need to
add to my buy scans that will insure that the stock is truly in an
uptrend.   Any and all comments will be appreciated.  Ron

    SYNTAX
    linregslope( ARRAY, periods )

    RETURNS
    ARRAY

    FUNCTION
    Calculates linear regression line slope from the ARRAY
      using periods range.

    EXAMPLE
    x = Cum(1);lastx = LastValue( x ); Daysback = 10; aa =
      LastValue( LinRegIntercept( Close, Daysback) );bb = LastValue(
      LinRegSlope( Close, Daysback ) );y = Aa + bb * ( x - (Lastx -
      DaysBack) ); Plot( Close, "Close", colorBlack, styleCandle );Plot(
      IIf( x >= (lastx - Daysback), y, -1e10 ), "LinReg", colorRed
  );