RE: [amibroker] RT Resource Use

<SPAN
class=440505120-28062003>ARA,
I am
not sure who you are using for data but I use esignal for my inter day with
virtually no problems,,,,,

Regards,
Jayson
<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Ara Kaloustian
[mailto:ara1@xxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Saturday, June 28, 2003 12:32
AMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re: [amibroker] RT
Resource UseJohn,I agree with you... Windows is
certainly not the most stable platform...wish thre was a good
alterrnative.As for AB... I rather admire how Tomasz has managed to
create so much insuch a short time ... but having said that, it would
certainly be of greatbenefit when development slows down and system
stability, bugs anddocumentation improvements gets top billing.I can
function with AB quite well in EOD mode and appreciate the tremendousamount
of analysis capability it provides and look forward to the time whenAB real
time becomes a real robust system.----- Original Message ----- From:
"John Nelson" <trader@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>To:
<amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>Sent: Friday, June 27, 2003 5:32
PMSubject: Re: [amibroker] RT Resource Use>> You do
realize that you are just masking the inadequacies of Windows (or> the
programs that run under it) by buying bigger and more cavernous>
hardware?>> -- John>> Ara Kaloustian
wrote:>> > Bob> > I was having something similar ...
most of my problems were due to my> > PC overloading, such as running
a lot indicators with 1 or 2 minute> > intervals. CPU usage got maxed
out to the point where AB could not> > keep up... Once the PC got
overloaded, then strange things started> > happening...>
>> > Sometimes the trigger for overloading was starting another
program,> > such as retreiving email...> >> > A
new faster PC with lots more memory solved those problems....>
>> > Don't think AB should behave that way, but that was my
experience>>>>>> Send BUG REPORTS to
bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
group FAQ at: <A
href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.