Re: [amibroker] Off Topic - Wireless Network

Ara,

I have been using Linksys Wireless-G model  WRT54G BroadBand router for the past couple of months.  One computer is connected by cables, the other computer in the basement is connected with a wireless card. It works well.

I had to download and install the latest driver from linksys to get my system to work. I have heard that neighbours could possibly tap into my internet simply by having a wireless setup in their homes, so you might need to check into the security measures you shoud take. I don't think its too complicated . Just something to be aware of.

Any other problems I've had are related to losing power from the grid or maybe the odd Windows problem. I have found out that I can usually get things going again by going through a power up procedure. In my case I power down the PC , Cable modem and router. Then power up the router and wait for it to do its diagnostics (power, send and receive lights all lit) then power up the router then the fourth light on the modem comes on (PC) and then power up the PC. Sometimes I have to go through the setup for the router. Sounds like alot, but it's not so bad once you've done it a few times.

I hope this is helpful to you.

Greg