[amibroker] Re: Longterm equity chart (for DT)

Cuck,
thank you, I didnīt know ^VLIC index.
If I translate well your text, you speal for a
C=Foreign("^VLIC","C");
E1=EMA(C,4);E2=EMA(C,11);
Buy=Cross(E1,E2);Sell=Cross(E2,E1);
For the period Dec27,2000 till Feb15, 2001 there is one Long trade
wich gives a flat -2,27% for the N100 market, using your settings.
Winners to losers were ~50/50, 7 stocks exit at max stop loss -40%
before the end of the trade and, in general, it doesnīt look like a
double price trade.
I will take a closer look at the indicator, it looks cute !!
Dimitris Tsokakis
--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Chuck Rademacher"
<chuck_rademacher@x> wrote:
> VLIC is the Value Line Geometric Index.   I only came across it by
accident,
> but it makes an excellent overall market timing vehicle.  If you
care to run
> a 4/11 EMA cross on it, you will see the exact turning points that
I used.