RE: [amibroker] Re: Longterm equity chart (for DT)

VLIC
is the Value Line Geometric Index.   I only came across it by
accident, but it makes an excellent overall market timing vehicle.  If you
care to run a 4/11 EMA cross on it, you will see the exact turning points that I
used.   Data for it is commercially available starting in January,
1985.  I have created my own values for it back to
1970.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
think that I explained why the system did so well in January, 2001.
I believe that many stocks were oversold in December, 2000 and this system
picked took advantage of that situation.   Such spectacular
(unbelievable?) performance is only by circumstance.   The system was
not curve-fit to take advantage of that situation.  In fact, I wish that
the huge spike wasn't there.