Re: [amibroker] Re: Annoying programming problem: ideas please?

Chuck,

I'm looking at the article as I write this. In the period 10/9 to 11/8/02
(23 trading days not counting holidays), the system made 42 total trades
(25 winners and 17 losers) on 5-min bars in the test period (actually, that's
not that many trades when you consider the no. of bars over which the system was
tested, 78*23 or 1,794). In the OOS period of 11/11 to 11/22/02 (10 trading
days), there were a total of 17 trades (11 winners and 6 losers). I agree with
you about the statistical significance of the no. of trades, but 42 seems to be
acceptable during the IS period. The 17 during the OOS period are questionable,
but OOS periods are only meant to be confirmation of the robustness of a system,
not a statistically rigorous proof of concept.

Al Venosa
<BLOCKQUOTE