[amibroker] Re: Off-topic: LCD Monitors

Hi
I have both
Planar( not that particular one but a 19"Planar with both DVI and
analog - works like a monitor switch - 1 computer in DVI one in
Analog input) and Samsung
I like Planar better
Samsung is "slicker"
Not a big difference
Both of them are great

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Al Venosa" <advenosa@xxxx> wrote:
> I apologize for the off-topic question. Just hit the delete key if
you are not interested. My monitor recently died, and I'd like to buy
a 19-inch LCD monitor to replace it. I read about a monitor made by
Planar called the PX191. Its advertized contrast ratio is 700:1 (most
19-inch monitors have a contrast ratio of 500:1) and its brightness
is 300 (compared with 250 for most others). All the reviews I've read
on it are highly favorable. However, I've never heard of Planar
before, so I am a bit skittish about buying it (even though the
company boasts about manufacturing LCD monitors for over 20 years).
It sells for about $850 US on the Internet, so it's a bit expensive.
Has anyone had any experience with Planar monitors, especially this
particular model (which can pivot between landscape and portrait
orientation, a feature I like)?  Thanks a lot.

> Al Venosa
>
> This message has been confirmed to be virus-free by Norton
Antivirus.