[amibroker] Re: Off-topic: LCD Monitors

I've had the Samsung 191T since last July.  IMO, it's excellent for
reading and the colors look fine.  The pixel response is good (25ms
up/down response).  I just use a brightness setting of 60 (out of 100)
because it's so bright for my eyes). DVD's look good on it and Tiger
Woods 2003 plays well on it.   It's well worth the $650-700 price
area.
At the time I bought it, the cost was $1100.  I don't regret the
purchase one bit.  I got one with zero bad pixels.

Also, you'll get some outdated Pivot Software with it.  Just go to the
Pivot Software sight and you'll be able to get their v7.1 software for
free.  I use it in portrait mode all of the time for web surfing.

Steve

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Al Venosa" <advenosa@xxxx> wrote:
> I apologize for the off-topic question. Just hit the delete key if
you are not interested. My monitor recently died, and I'd like to buy
a 19-inch LCD monitor to replace it. I read about a monitor made by
Planar called the PX191. Its advertized contrast ratio is 700:1 (most
19-inch monitors have a contrast ratio of 500:1) and its brightness
is 300 (compared with 250 for most others). All the reviews I've read
on it are highly favorable. However, I've never heard of Planar
before, so I am a bit skittish about buying it (even though the
company boasts about manufacturing LCD monitors for over 20 years).
It sells for about $850 US on the Internet, so it's a bit expensive.
Has anyone had any experience with Planar monitors, especially this
particular model (which can pivot between landscape and portrait
orientation, a feature I like)?  Thanks a lot.

> Al Venosa
>
> This message has been confirmed to be virus-free by Norton
Antivirus.