RE: [amibroker] Re: Graham Kavanagh - - P&F?

Steve, I am glad I was polite :-)
I think I know what you are after, possibly
Do you want a box size of 2% of the price value, or the box size ?
I have tried to make a dynamic box sizing and the only way I can think of is
to throw out the need for actual price on the Y axis. I did this to a small
degree with the Vbox series, but only in part. If you break down the box
sizing to an array in its own merit, then plot the Y axis as number of
boxes. It is not possible to alter the Y axis in AB so it is not possible to
have something that does not conform with that which it is capable

I would do it by converting the price to boxes, allowing the box size to
change with the price. Bit like a dog chasing its tail. This I think would
need to be done in a loop as each new value is dependant on the resultant of
the previous
Eg to show the flow path only
Box[1] = 0.02*C[1]
C[2] = C[1] + Box[1]
Box[2] = C[2] + Box[2]
Etc
You would then end up with a set of arrays Box[k] and C[k]. The original C[
i ] would not be used

The [k] arrays would then be used as input to creating the P&F chart which
would become the PFO[J] and PFC[J] per my codes.
Chances are the Y axis will be just a set of numbers that would need to be
converted if you need to know the prices, pssibly just in the Title of the
chart, or maybe Interpretation window might be best. It becomes reverse
mathematics to get this.

I won't have time to do this as I am busy working on a few other projects of
my own, sorry. Good luck. Maybe someone else with a bit more savvy in
programming could do this with one hand tied behind their back :-)

Al, I can say is I wish I was smart enough to have written the original code
for the P&F chart in AB, I just got it working to some degree.

Cheers,
Graham
http://groups.msn.com/ASXShareTrading
http://groups.msn.com/FMSAustralia