[amibroker] Re: Graham Kavanagh - - P&F?

Graham,

I've mentioned this before, and you made some (polite) suggestions,
but I'm not savvy enough to implement this myself: Is it possible to
modify your P&F programme to use a box size of 2% (log scale). In
other words each box is 1.02*previous box? I know there
are "starting" difficulties with log scaling - hence some commercial
P&F packages give different box values depending where their "base"
box starts.

Any thoughts?

Steve

http://www.stockcharts.com/education/How/AnalysisTools/pnfCharts.html
> Plus a few others
> One thing I note about most references is that they use the HiLo
P&F, with
> the box size varying according to the price range. My basic P&F
for both
> Close prices and HiLo is sizing the box on the last range of
prices, and
> assign that box size to all the chart. I have produced a PF that
has
> variable box sizes according to the price ranges, but it can be
hard to use
> as it needs to be broken into the number of boxes on the Yaxis.
You need to
> convert this back to prices, although I have done that in the
title of the
> chart for a selected column. This has the file name incorporating
Vbox in
> it, not certain if it is on the yahoo or AB websites, but I
believe I did
> send a version of it to my website.
>
> Not certain what you mean by Brand of P&F.
>
> Cheers,
> Graham
> http://groups.msn.com/ASXShareTrading
> http://groups.msn.com/FMSAustralia

Your
> > choice to use latest or not. I changed it as my earlier
> versions
> > were set around a price scale in cents. The new is in dollars.
3. I
> > won't comment on other software. My P&F works well enough for
> me. But
> > because the charts can be based on different factors including
box
> size &
> > method of sizing, reversal amount and style, what price (HiLo or
> Close). I
> > made every endeavour for the PF chart to be correct. If you find
> an error
> > within the formula let me know.
> >

> > Cheers,
> > Graham