[amibroker] Re: Fasttrack /TradeCode - HeadsUp

Chuck,

Not a problem.

In fact I almost feel like I owe you an apology for publishing my
backtest results since I did it in a 'shoot from the hip' fashion
without really even understanding the 'HeadsUp' methodology, or
tailoring the filtering, delay and entry/exit stradegies.

But it appears that you are still interested enough to continue with
the persuit.

BTW... I have a pre-release version of ABPortReport if you want to
take a look at it. Complete re-design using some of your suggestions.
I have a couple of known windows type execution bugs, but could use
some Alpha testing. Drop me a line if interested.

Phsst

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Chuck Rademacher"
<chuck_rademacher@x> wrote:
> Phsst...
>
> When I said "similar" results, I think that it's fair to say that the
> percentage winners should be expected to be near enough to the same.
>
> I wasn't doubting your integrity or ability by any means.   I was just
> disappointed that I couldn't even come close to the results you
obtained.

> To be fair to the creator and users of the HeadsUp approach, I
believe that
> they do "jump the gun" and go in prior to the close on the day they
get the
> signal.  That's acceptable with a half-dozen mutual funds.  IMO,
however, it
> isn't feasible with a basket of a hundred or more stocks.
>
> I will continue to work with it to see if I can use it for funds.
>
> Thanks for getting me started on the project.
>
> Cheers

Headsup
>   >   > system into the Files area (actually the upload process looks
>   "stuck"
>   >   > and may be because of my note about the Files area being full).
>   >   >
>   >   > For the non-FastTrack users, the headsup code (which is
>   implemented from
>   >   > within the Trade program-an array processor used with FastTrack)
>   is a
>   >   > comprehensive system that looks at and reports many statistics
>   on funds
>   >   > (or stocks) to buy based on Rel Strength and a number of other
>   factors,
>   >   > including "Turtle" signals for buying, selling, and holding.
>   Additional
>   >   > market statistics are also reported.  Many people follow this
>   system and
>   >   > do quite well.
>   >   >
>   >   > The "Score" code which I am attempting to upload is just one
>   part of the
>   >   > system and the common usage is to buy stocks or funds when their
>   >   > "Score", as reported by this code, is at "6" (1 to 6 scale).  I
>   did some
>   >   > backtesting using the score as an oscillator and found it
produced
>   >   > profitable results when buys were issued at low score values and
>   sell
>   >   > signals issued at high score values, the opposite way the tool
>   is used
>   >   > within the common "Headsup" system.
>   >   >
>   >   > Not selling this and I doubt almost any of you will look at it,
>   but for
>   >   > the few who do, the above is simply some background in order to
>   give you
>   >   > some context of where the code came from.
>   >   >
>   >   > Ken
>   >   >
>   >   > PS: It looks like the AFL file was indeed uploaded and is listed
>   under
>   >   > "Headsup Score".
>   >   >
ETFs and
amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=247865.3355058.4641699.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705

632198:HM/A=1482387/R=0/SIG=16np42623/*http:/ads.x10.com/?bHlhaG9vaG0xLm
>   >   >

Rhd=1054908892%3eM=247865.3355058.4641699.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=17056321
>   >   >

98:HM/A=1482387/R=1=1054908892%3eM=247865.3355058.4641699.1261774/D=egro

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=247865.3355058.4641699.1261774/D=egrou
>   >   > pmail/S=:HM/A=1482387/rand=140838573>
>   >   >
>   >   >
>   >   > Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx
>   >   > Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx
>   >   > -----------------------------------------
>   >   > Post AmiQuote-related messages ONLY to: amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>   >   > --------------------------------------------
>   >   > Check group FAQ at:
>   >   >
>   >   > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo!
>   >   > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>  Terms of Service.
>   >
>   >
>   >         Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   >   Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx
>   >   Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx
>   >   Post AmiQuote-related messages ONLY to: amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>   >   Check group FAQ at:
>   >
>   >   Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
Service.