RE: [amibroker] Re: Fasttrack /TradeCode - HeadsUp

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Phsst...
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
When I
said "similar" results, I think that it's fair to say that the percentage
winners should be expected to be near enough to the same.

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
wasn't doubting your integrity or ability by any means.   I was just
disappointed that I couldn't even come close to the results you
obtained.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
To be
fair to the creator and users of the HeadsUp approach, I believe that they do
"jump the gun" and go in prior to the close on the day they get the
signal.  That's acceptable with a half-dozen mutual funds.  IMO,
however, it isn't feasible with a basket of a hundred or more
stocks.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
I will
continue to work with it to see if I can use it for funds.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
Thanks
for getting me started on the project.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Cheers
<BLOCKQUOTE

  <FONT face="Times New Roman"
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Phsst
  [mailto:phsst@xxxxxxxxx]Sent: Saturday, June 07, 2003 9:15
  AMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Re:
  Fasttrack /TradeCode - HeadsUpI checked... my buy and
  sell delay setting was = 0. When writing myown AFL backtests, I control
  the delays myself, so I generally don'tpay too much attention to some of
  the parameterized settings.When I ran HeadsUp and saw the enormous
  capital requirements I nevereven considered wasting time looking at the
  equity curve. My backtestwas a simple 'kick the tires' run to see if the
  stradegy was worthy offurther study. The 75% profitable trades figure
  looked interesting.Figured I'd wait until I got around to tidying up the
  filtering,entry/exit stradegy in an effort to see if it might be a viable
  'real'trading system.As far as duplicating our results, seems
  unlikely since we havedifferent databases, but if you would like a copy of
  the exact tradesgenerated on my db then let me know.Sorry if I led
  you to believe that my backtest of HeadsUp revealed the'mother of all
  stradegies'. I was just sharing preliminary backtest data.One final
  thing, always doubt the stats presented by others. That doesnot mean that
  they are out to mislead you... it just means that theymay be looking at
  something differently than you, or more importantly,looking FOR something
  different than you might be looking for.Regards...
  Phsst--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Chuck
  Rademacher"<chuck_rademacher@x> wrote:> Phsst....
  HELP!> > I ran the HeadsUp AFL and ended up with the worst
  looking equity curve I> have seen in quite some time.> >
  So, I tried to figure what I may have done differently from you.>
  > Then, just for kicks, I set the buy and sell delay = 0.
  Ah ha....> excellent results comparible to yours.> >
  Leaving the question... what settings did you use for buy/sell price
  and> delay?> > I want to believe the stats you submitted,
  but I sure can'treproduce them.> > I'm looking forward to
  hearing from you as I was already spending my> anticipated
  profits.> > Cheers>   -----Original
  Message----->   From: Phsst
  [mailto:phsst@xxxx]>   Sent: Friday, June 06, 2003 5:10
  Subject: [amibroker] Re: Fasttrack /TradeCode - HeadsUp> >
  >   I downloaded HeadsUp and backtested it against entire QP2
  stock>   database from Jan 1, 2003 to present.>
  >   Results (as measured by my own homebrew Portfolio
  Report):> >   Date:
  06/06/2003     Report on: C:\Test\HeadsUp.csv>

  LONG TRADES> >   First
  Trade
  Jan 2 2003>   Last
  Trade
  Jun 5 2003>   Days in
  Test
  154>   #
  Trades
  15,578>   %
  Profitable
  72.43%>   Net
  P/L
  4,186,042>   Rate of Annual
  Return
  62.43%> >   Avg Profit /
  Winner
  512>   Avg Days Held -
  Winners
  22>   Avg Loss /
  Loser
  369>   Avg Days Held -
  Losers
  42>   Avg
  PositionSize
  5,559>   Avg Market
  Exposure
  15,675,008>   Max Market
  Exposure
  23,936,722>   Initial
  Equity
  500,000>   Lowest Account
  Value
  500,000>   Maximum Account
  Value
  4,686,042>   Ending Account
  Value
  4,686,042>   Max DD as a % of Account
  Value
  .62%> >   NOTES:> >   %
  Profitable a very respectable 72.43%>   # Trades -
  Excessive>   RAR - 62.43% - Not
  eye-popping>   Holding period - I'd want to reduce holding
  period for losers>   Losers were held almost twice as long as
  winners>   Max DD calculated on 'end of trade basis'... not
  appropriate for this>   style of trading.>
  >   I'd like to play with Fred's Portfolio Trader AFL to
  compare results.> >   HeadsUp shows promise, but I'd
  want to adapt it to my own tradingstyle.> >
  Phsst> >   --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Ken
  Close" <closeks@xxxx> wrote:>   > Rick:
  sorry.I see you were asking about the Backtest>   >
  Report..unfortunately I did this work a long time ago and didnot
  save>   > the report.>
  Sent: Friday, June 06, 2003 10:11 AM>   > To:
  amibroker@xxxx>   > Subject: RE: [amibroker] Re: Fasttrack
  /TradeCode>   >>
  >>   >>   >
  Ken,>   >>   >>
  >>   > Could you post your backtest system
  report?>   >>   >>
  >>   > Rick>
  Tuesday, June 03, 2003 5:06 PM>   > To:
  amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>   > Subject: RE: [amibroker]
  Re: Fasttrack /TradeCode>   >>   > Sam
  and others: I have uploaded the "Score" portion of the
  Headsup>   > system into the Files area (actually the
  upload process looks"stuck">   > and may be because of
  my note about the Files area being full).>
  >>   > For the non-FastTrack users, the headsup code
  (which isimplemented from>   > within the Trade
  program-an array processor used with FastTrack)is a>
  > comprehensive system that looks at and reports many statisticson
  funds>   > (or stocks) to buy based on Rel Strength and a
  number of otherfactors,>   > including "Turtle"
  signals for buying, selling, and holding. Additional>
  > market statistics are also reported.  Many people follow
  thissystem and>   > do quite well.>
  >>   > The "Score" code which I am attempting to upload
  is just onepart of the>   > system and the common
  usage is to buy stocks or funds when their>   > "Score",
  as reported by this code, is at "6" (1 to 6 scale).  Idid
  some>   > backtesting using the score as an oscillator and
  found it produced>   > profitable results when buys were
  issued at low score values andsell>   > signals issued
  at high score values, the opposite way the toolis used>
  > within the common "Headsup" system.>
  >>   > Not selling this and I doubt almost any of you
  will look at it,but for>   > the few who do, the above
  is simply some background in order togive you>   >
  some context of where the code came from.>
  >>   > Ken>   >>
  > PS: It looks like the AFL file was indeed uploaded and is
  listedunder>   > "Headsup Score".>
  Tuesday, June 03, 2003 7:50 AM>   > To:
  amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>   > Subject: [amibroker] Re:
  Fasttrack /TradeCode>   >>   > I would
  be very appreciative if you would post your "Headsup"
  code.>   > Many thanks.>
  >>   > Sam Levy>
  >>   > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Ken Close"
  <closeks@xxxx> wrote:>   > >
  Frank:>   > >>   > > I have
  programmed the "Headsup" signal into Amibroker, atleast
  the>   > > "Score" portion.  If this is what you
  mean by "FastTrack signals",>   > then>
  > > let me know and I will post it.  Otherwise, the phrase
  "FastTrack>   > > Signals" is so broad that you would
  need to be more specific in>   > order
  to>   > > get a meaningful reply.>
  > >>   > > Ken>   >
  >>   > >>   > > -----Original
  Message----->   > > From: frankphd_us
  [mailto:Dr-Frank@xxxx]>   > > Sent: Monday, June 02,
  2003 2:17 PM>   > > To:
  amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>   > > Subject: [amibroker]
  Fasttrack /TradeCode>   > >>   >
  > I noticed there are quite a couple of fasttrack users on
  thisboard.>   > > Following CHasRichards and his
  signals sometime I thought about>   >
  using>   > > Fasttrack/Trade myself. Unfortunately I
  can only utilise ETFs and>   > > Rydex/Profunds. This
  limitation (due to national tax reasons)makes>   >
  > the use of the comlete fasttrack-system and database
  uneconomical.>   > >>   > >
  Therefore I considered emulating the Fasttrack Signals
  with>   > Amibroker>   > > or
  excel. Anybody having done that before?? I only know of a>
  > > translation to wealthlab-code.>   >
  >>   > > Thanx>   >
  >>   > > frankphd_us>   >
  >>   > >>   >